Thursday 16 September 2010

Weekend antics

Man, Time is just flying by and it is already the middle of September. What have I been doing with myself. I keep myself pretty busy during the week with mundane household chores and the odd lazy hour splurge at my favorite cafe for a Chai (mostly just to get out of the freezing house). Now that the days are warming up, its nice to catch some real sunshine in the blooming neighborhood.

We had a visit from Lindy a few weekends back. It was nice to have some company. We took the opportunity to have a night on the town during Melbourne's Spring Fashion Week. First stop was a brief meal at a new favorite restaurant "Cookie" with friends. Very hip and trendy, right in downtown CBD. Again, its one of those places you need to book in advance (more than a day), but we did end up getting a table for a quick hour. Though we didn't get the chance to leisurely peruse the menu or eat a big meal, we sampled something small and promised to come back again. On recommendation from another food blog that had sparked my original interest in the place, I tried the betel leaves with some spicy chicken filling. Very tasty and the combination of tangy flavors really complemented each other. Its on my list of places to go again to really get the full experience. On this night, it was just nice to feel trendy for once. 

Then we caught a very strange launch party and showcase as part of Melbourne's Spring Fashion Week, and here we learned the true meaning of "low-brow". Poor Lindy, I think we've scarred her for life, with the cross-dressing/male models and their indecent exposure runway show, a wailing 80's band, outlandish low-brow fashions, and underground emo/hipster scene at the event. It was actually very hilarious. A little taste of some Melbourne culture. I'll post more pictures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment