Wednesday 22 September 2010

Baking frenzy: key lime bars

I've was recently experiencing a renewed baking frenzy. I think this phenomenon that comes and goes like a mood. I was saving this recipe for just this occasion in order to use up my stores of fresh lemons and limes that are steadily rotting away because I can't consume them fast enough. This recipe only used up about 2 of my limes, which are yellow and look like lemons, so I ended up adding a lemon in there as well. So I have plenty more for another recommended tasty treat. Though I don't know if my waistline can handle the sudden influx in sugar. Thank you to Amy for the recipe. Won't publish it here, but hit me up if you want it. This is the same tasty treat that Amy included in her Xmas goody bags last year for those of you who were lucky enough to claim them before they were gone. These were very easy to make, uses a ton of coconut. I didn't realize they involved cream cheese, which I hate, but I loved them despite. Next time i will just use more lime juice to cut through all the creaminess. They apparently freeze well, but we didn't have any leftover for storing after I gave a bunch away to my new culinary fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment