Sunday 1 August 2010

Melbourne quilt and craft

I have a friend, here in this new city. Hi Lisa, Dilly Dally Shilly Shally. And we have the same interests: international development and crafting. Yup, I'm a crafty person with all that knitting I get up to. I hope to have more time one day to expand my crafting abilities. After attending Melbourne's quilt and craft fair a few weeks ago at Lisa's suggestion, I am inspired. Inspired to felt (and quilt after seeing all those beautiful creations, but I don't think I'll be up for any of that anytime soon). At the fair we took a felting workshop to make these lovely flowers which was super fun. I bought a few materials to make another creation at home (which remains pending).
The fair was a huge events with tons of old ladies and fellow crafters pushing and shoving, vying for access to the vendor stalls. It wasn't that bad, but we didn't last long after the venue started to fill up.

I was naughty and bought a few fun items. I don't know when I'll be able to start any new projects. This thread yarn made out of silk and steel which allows the shape of the garment to be malleable. I'll make a skinny/long scarf with that. And I found some bag handles at a good price so I can expand my bag-making skills. Knitted bags. And I just couldn't resist the gorgeous japanese prints, maybe line the knitted bags with them.

Now if only I had some time to do this. You might wonder how I could be so busy while I am in between jobs. Let me tell you. .. Job seeking is hard work (could almost write a phd at this rate) as is keeping house and staying sane. But I foresee a break in on the horizon as progress in these areas occur. More on that later.




Learning how to felt

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see the next creation! You have no excuses... you must finish it! CHEETER!!

    ReplyDelete