Tuesday 9 February 2010

Channeling Nigella

We got the Nigella Bites DVD from our webflicks subscriptions. Watched the whole series one rainy afternoon and was inspired to create some tasty treats. So I proceeded to create a square version of her Flourless Chocolate Cloud Cake. Ingredients include dark dark chocolate and eggs (the whites and yolks used separately) as the rising agent. I included touches of orange rind and triple sec to lighten up the dark chocolate richness. The cake is finished with a heaping dollop of freshly whipped cream and a dusting of cocoa. Yum, though a lot of work to end up with something very similar to a brownie. I might just stick with my Mom's fabulous and classic Katherine Hepburn's homemade brownie recipe cause then I can get fudgey, gooey, goodness.


No comments:

Post a Comment