Tuesday 20 July 2010

Another trip to Yarra Valley

Took the parents for some wine tasting Yarra Valley because it's always so fun to go there. It was another beautiful day, though a bit brisk now that we are fully into winter. All the vines are trimmed down. The views of the mountains remain gorgeous. First stop was De Bortoli cellar door. I always see this wine in restaurants so I presume that it's a good sample of the region' better wines. I would say that they are pretty good. and We got a good deal on half dozen bottles of the 2008 Shiraz viognier for $50. Its a lighter version of the normally sharp Shiraz. We are stocked, but not for long.



I think the parents enjoyed themselves. Didn't indulge too much. Mom was only into the whites and dad tried a few sweet versions of a reisling. Found some yummy cheeses at the awesome dairy. And then ate more cheese at Domain Chandon restaurant. Not so crazy about the meals there. So if you go, just get the cheese and charcuterie platters with a hefty glass of something tasty. The views and the grounds are amazing. I've already planned my next wedding.

Now that I'm comfortable with the yarra valley, I want to check out the mornington peninsula vines next.

No comments:

Post a Comment