Tuesday 8 January 2008

A Typical Kandy day






Its raining in Kandy, Again. Its always raining these days. Keeps things cool. I'm freezing in fact. I'm not complaining because it could be much worse - hot, humid, mosquitoes...

My days are spent in the office starting at 9AM. The office is generally quiet, a research environment. Everyone is very nice and friendly/helpful. Can get kind of boring though. Otherwise my head is full of HIV research questions and technical applications for this project. But what do I know really? The project is fascinating, its just slow going these days. I watch lots of $2 DVDs at night on my computer. Flatmate, Sanji is nice to have around to talk to and toss ideas around with. Together though, we are not so inspired.

In the meantime I am pining after my husband. Finally I will see him tomorrow after a 1 month separation and we will go to the beach and eat lobster. Phone and Skype conversations are driving me nuts.

Not a very exciting post, but life is not so exciting these days. I need to do something about that. I'm in Sri Lanka for crying out loud.

No comments:

Post a Comment